August: Southwestern Chicken Torta
Featured for August in our 2023 UniPro calendar.
Add some southwestern flair to your lunch or dinner menu with this mouthwatering Southwestern Chicken Torta.
Yield: 4 Servings
|Tyson™ Red Label NAE FC Fajita Seasoned Breast Strips||16 oz/1 lb|
|Roasted Red Bell Peppers, drained||1/4 cup|
|Italian Mix Giardiniera, drained and chopped||1 cup|
|Wright® Brand Naturally Hickory Smoked Extra Thick Sliced Steak Cut Bacon||8 slices|
|Provolone or Monterey Jack Cheese||8 slices|
|Deli-Sliced Jalapeño Peppers||1/2 cup|
|Cilantro Leaves, cleaned and chopped||1/2 bunch|
|Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil||2 Tbsp|
- To make the aioli, combine the roasted bedd peppers and mayonnaise in a small food processor. Blend until puréed. Refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Slice the chicken into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- In a frying pan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- To assemble the sandwich, slice the bread, removing the soft inside dough of the sandwich. Spread the aioli on both sides of the sandwich.
- Place the giardiniera onto the bread, then add the sliced chicken, bacon, tomato slices, cheese, jalapeños, and cilantro. Brush the olive oil onto the outside crust of the bread and press in a panini press until cheese is melted and crust is crunchy.