October: Chorizo Chimichurri Waffle Burgers
Chorizo Chimichurri Waffle Burgers
Featured for October in our 2022 UniPro calendar.
Pillsbury™ Garlic & Cheddar Biscuit Dough, baked as waffles, serve as the bun in a fab and fiery twist on a Juicy Lucy: cheese-stuffed chorizo burgers.
|Pillsbury™ Garlic Cheddar Biscuit Dough||24|
|Mayonnaise||2.4 oz (1/4 cup)|
|Smoked Paprika||1 1/4 cup|
|Chorizo, Raw, Ground||1 lb 8 oz|
|Cheddar Cheese, Slices||3 oz (6 each)|
|Chimichurri Sauce, Prepared||3 oz (1/2 cup)|
- Thaw Pillsbury™ Garlic & Cheddar Bixcuit Dough, covered, at room temperature 15-30 minutes until flexible or refrigerate overnight.
- Combine mayonnaise and smoked paprika in a mixing bowl; refrigerate until assembly.
- Divide chorizo into 2 oz portions; press each until thin and round, approx. 3-inch diameter.
- Divide cheese into quarters and stack in 12 groups of 2 pieces each.
- Form chorizo around cheese stack (2 quarter pieces) so it is completely enclosed.
- Preheat large pan or grill to medium-high heat; cook burgers about 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Keep warm until assembly.
- Preheat waffle iron to 375°F; place a biscuit onto the well-oiled surface and bake 60-90 seconds or until golden brown.
- Spread 1 tsp aioli (mayonnaise, paprika mixture) over waffle; top with cooked burger.
- Add 1 tsp (0.2 oz) chimichurri sauce and top with a plain waffle; serve warm.
Yeild: 12 servings (1 burger = 1 serving)