May: Bahn Mi Organic Chicken Taco
Flavorful organic boneless chicken thighs submerged in an Asian-style marinade, mixed with pickled vegetables and topped with a light cilantro aioli and wrapped into a warm flour tortilla.
Featured for May in our 2021 UniPro calendar.
PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs are a cost-effective, versatile kitchen staple you can feel great about feeding your family. Chicken thighs are a favorite of chefs and home cooks for their quick cook time, rich flavor, and tenderness. Whether you grill it, bake it or stir-fry it, our boneless, skinless chicken thighs do not disappoint!
|HARVESTLAND® Organic Chicken Thighs (boneless/skinless)||1 lb.|
|6″ Flour Tortillas||4-6|
|Soy sauce||1/4 cup|
|Garlic & ginger, minced||1 tbsp. each|
|Sesame oil||1 tbsp.|
|Yellow onion, grated||2 tbsp.|
|Red wine vinegar||2 tbsp.|
|Lime juice||2 tbsp.|
|Thai sweet chili sauce||1/4 cup|
|Green onion, thinly sliced||2 tbsp.|
|Julienned carrot, red onion and cucumber (peeled & seeded)||1/2 cup each|
|Jalapeños, sliced||To taste|
|Rice wine vinegar & Red wine vinegar||1 cup (Plus ½ cup water) each|
|Kosher salt||1/4 cup|
|Garlic clove, minced||1 clove|
|Lime juice||2 tbsp.|
|Salt & pepper||To taste|
- Mix all marinade ingredients together, minus the sweet chili sauce and scallions. Mix the chicken thighs with the marinade and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- While the chicken is marinating, take 2 sauce pans, and add the rice wine vinegar to one (with ½ cup of water), and the red wine vinegar (with ½ cup water) to the other. Place ¼ cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of salt into each pan. Bring to a boil to dissolve salt/sugar, and remove from heat.
- Place cucumbers, carrots, and red onions in 3 separate non-reactive/heat-tolerant containers. Pour the red wine vinegar mixture over the red onions, and the rice wine vinegar mixture over the carrots and cucumbers. Let steep at room temperature for 1-2 hours, then refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the cilantro aioli, add all of the ingredients to a food processor and puree until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once the chicken is finished marinating, remove it from the excess marinade. Place thighs onto a medium to medium-high preheated grill. Grill for 5-6 minutes per side. Make sure that an internal temperature of 170°F is reached at the thickest part of the thigh.
- Remove from the grill, let rest for 5-10 minutes, and rough chop into ¼ – ½ inch pieces.
- Add the chicken to a medium bowl, and mix with the sweet chili sauce and scallions.
- Warm up taco shells and assemble tacos.