April: Roasted Cauliflower & Quinoa Power Bowl
Featured for April in our 2023 UniPro calendar.
This vegetarian bowl is downright delicious and packed with flavor. With roasted cauliflower, Kale & Quinoa Blend, Corn & Black Bean Fiesta Blend, fresh cucumbers, pickled red onions pico de gallo, Extreme Supreme Guacamole, and topped with a creamy dressing, Cotija cheese, and fresh cilantro.
Yield: 5 Servings
|Simplot Harvest Frest™ Avocados Extreme Supreme Guacamole, Frozen||1 pouch|
|Red Onions, halved and thinly sliced||1 each|
|Red Wine Vinegar||1 1/2 cups|
|Kosher Salt, divided||2 Tbsp|
|Greek Yogurt, plain||15 oz|
|Mexican Crema||15 oz|
|Simplot Simple Goodness™: Cauliflower, IQF 12/2 lb||1 bag|
|Olive Oil||1/4 cup|
|Black Pepper, coarse grind||1 1/2 tsp|
|Simplot RoastWorks® Flame-Roasted Corn and Black Bean Fiesta Blend 6/2.5 lb||1/2 bag|
|Simplot Good Grains™: Ancient Grains and Kale Blend 6/2.5 lb||1 bag|
|Cucumber, shaved or thinly sliced||10 oz|
|Cojita Cheese, crumbled||5 oz|
|Cilantro Leaves||1/4 cup|
- Thaw guacamole overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place onions in a non-reactive container. Bring the vinegar, sugar, and 1 Tbsp salt to a boil. Pour over the onions to cover. Transfer to the refrigerator and store overnight. Whisk together yogurt and crema until smooth Store refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Line a half-sheet pan with foil. Evenly spread the cauliflower on the pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Prepare the fiesta blend and grain blend according to the package directions. Reserve warm.
- For each serving: Place 8 oz grain blend in a serving bowl. Top with 5 oz of cauliflower, 4 oz fiesta blend, 3 oz guacamole, and yogurt crema, 2 oz cucumber and red onion, 1 oz cheese and garnish with cilantro.