May: Gallo Pinto Chicken
¡Hola, mi amigo! You’re going to love this quick and easy Costa Rican dish. 🥑
Featured for May in our 2022 UniPro calendar.
House-made sauce mixed with a blend of spices coats black beans, rice, and onions for a full flavor explosion. Top with juicy pulled chicken and garnish with fresh cilantro and chile pepper. Serve this dish as a hearty dinner, shareable appetizer, or as a simple side. For additional visual appeal, serve in half an avocado and accompany with fried plantain chips for vibrant Central American flavor combinations. Customize any part of the recipe to your desired tastes for a comforting customer favorite. Quick. Full of flavor. Nutritious.
|Pulled Chicken||3-4 oz.|
|Canola Oil||2 Tbsp.|
|Onion, finely chopped||1 medium|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Chile pepper, sliced||1|
|Ground Cumin||1 Tsp.|
|Ground Coriander||1 Tsp.|
|Ground Ginger||½ Tsp.|
|Worcestershire Sauce||2-3 Tbsp.|
|Black Beans, cooked, drained & rinsed||2 cups|
|White Rice, cooked||3 cups|
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Next, add onion, garlic and chile pepper and sauté until onion is golden.
- Add spices and Worcestershire sauce and mix together.
- Fold in black beans and rice and cook until the mixture is heated through. Finish Gallo Pinto by mixing in scallions.
- Prepare the pulled chicken. Layer on top of Gallo Pinto.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and chile pepper.
- Accompany the final dish with traditional Gallo Pinto sides, avocado slices and fried plantain chips, for delicious flavor.