Mediterranean Pilaf Salad
This recipe features classic Mediterranean flavors your customers will love. Easy to prepare in advance and ready for your unique twist, the results are delicious hot or cold.
INGREDIENTS (4 Servings)
- 6oz Near East® Rice Pilaf Mix
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare Original Rice Pilaf according to package directions using broth instead of water. While pilaf cooks, prepare vinaigrette (recipe below); set aside.
- Remove cooked pilaf from heat. Stir in vinaigrette.
- Stir olives, parsley, green onion and pine nuts into pilaf. Gently stir in feta and tomatoes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, refrigerate and serve slightly chilled.
Regular chicken broth, vegetable broth or water can be substituted for the reduced-sodium chicken broth.
Vinaigrette: Combine 1 tablespoon each olive oil and Dijon mustard, 1/2 tablespoon each red wine vinegar and lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin in small bowl. Whisk to blend completely.