Fruit and Nut Burger
Prepare to be delighted by this textural, flavor-packed, one-of-a-kind burger.
Ground Beef burgers with walnuts, Granny Smith apples, Brie cheese and blackberry preserves.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, cut into 8 rounds
- 4 tablespoons Brie cheese, softened
- 4 teaspoons marionberry or blackberry preserves
- 4 whole-grain artisanal rolls
- Combine Ground Beef, walnuts, salt, pepper, and in a medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Place two apple rounds on bottom of each roll; top with burger. Evenly spread cheese and preserves over burgers. Close sandwiches.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.See More Recipes