BBQ Pork & White Cheddar Toasts
Take barbecue to the next level with saucy and seasoned pulled pork topped with grilled onions, melty cheese and fresh greens. Finished off with balsamic and pepper to taste.
- 8 thick slices artisan bread
- Olive oil (for brushing)
- 2 thickly sliced red onions
- 15 ounces seasoned and shredded pork in bbq sauce, heated
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- Baby spinach or arugula leaves, and balsamic vinegar to serve
- Ground pepper to taste
- Heat grill to high. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush bread slices with oil. Brush onion slices with oil. Cook on hot grill 1-2 minutes per side for bread and 3-4 minutes per side for onions.
- Place grilled bread slices on baking sheet. Top each bread slice with pork. Separate onion slices into individual rings. Place on pork.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Place under hot broiler, 6 inches from heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Top with spinach or arugula leaves. Drizzle with a little balsamic, pepper and serve!