Add this traditional Greek sauce to burgers for an unexpected taste explosion.
This easy turkey burger recipe with tzatziki is the perfect way to dress up a burger with your favorite Greek-inspired flavoring.
- 1 ea. Jennio-O® Turkey Patty 5.33 oz. (#3831)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 ea. English cucumber
- 1 clove Garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp. Lime zest
- 1tsp. Fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. Chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt & finely cracked black pepper as needed
- 2 oz. Pitted mixed olivers
- 1 ea. Anchovy fillet, rinsed
- 1 tbsp. Capers
- 1 ea. Fresh basil leaf
- 2 tsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea. Bun, sliced
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 4 slices Red onion, thin slices
- 1 oz. Feta cheese.
- To make the tzatziki sauce: Remove seeds, finely grate and drain 1 quarter of the English cucumber. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, English cucumber, half of the minced garlic (other half will be for tapenade), lemon zest, lime juice and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the olive tapenade: thoroughly rinse the olives in cool water. Place olives, anchovy, capers, basil leaf, lemon juice, remaining minced garlic and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Process to combine, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the mixture becomes a coarse paste, approximately 1 to 2 minutes total. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Thinly slice remaining cucumber and red onion and set aside.
- Preheat flat top grill to 350˚F. Place frozen burger patty on preheated grill. Cook burger patty for a total of approximately 18 minutes, turning 3 times. Always cook to well done, 165˚F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- While the burger is cooking, butter bun halves and place on hot grill until lightly toasted, then remove from grill.
- To assemble burger, spread tzatziki sauce on bottom bun, followed by turkey patty, cucumber, red onion, olive tapenade, and Feta cheese.