Irish Hills Reuben Burger
Two classics, together at last, Reuben sandwiches and cheeseburgers.
This recipe combines the classic Reuben and with a mouthwatering burger for one delicious recipe. Is it a burger or a sandwich? That’s your call.
- 1 lb 90% Lean Ground Beef
- 8 ounces Deli Corned Beef
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 8 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- 4 Swiss cheese slices
- 4 Tablespoon Thousand Island dressing
- 4 hamburger buns
- Combine Ground Beef, pepper and, garlic in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese slice.
- Line Top bun with 1 tablespoon thousand island dressing. Next place the burger patty on top the bottom bun and top with 2 ounces sauerkraut & 2 ounces corned beef. Close the sandwiches and serve with sides.
Cook’s Tip: To prepare on stovetop, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.See More Recipes