Chocolate Almond Croissant Éclairs
Fancy up your pastry tray with this simple dessert that’s full of flavor.
A creamy light filling is tucked into a crisp, buttery, almond croissant and finished with a fudgy chocolate drizzle for a fancy but simple dessert.
Yield: 16 servings (1 serving = 1 eclair)
- 16 each Pillsbury Frozen Croissant Dough Curved
- 1 each egg, large
- 2 Tbsp. water, cool
- 2 1/4 cups almonds, sliced
- 3 cups non-dairy whipped topping (#137)
- 1/2 cup Ready-to-Spread Chocolate Fudge Icing (#78706)
- Thaw croissant dough, covered, either at room temperature 15-30 minutes until flexible or refrigerated overnight.
- Whisk together egg and water in small bowl to make an egg wash; dip croissants in and roll to coat, shaking off excess.
- Coat in sliced almonds and place on parchment-lined sheet pan; proof until double in size, approx. 35-45 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown and dry to the touch; allow to cool.
- Convection Oven*: 325˚F for 15-17 minutes
- Standard Oven: 375˚F for 18-2 minutes
*Rotate pan baked in a convection oven one-half turn (180˚) after 7 minutes of baking.
- Cut horizontal slice partly into cooled croissant leaving a hinged bun.
- Pipe 0.5 oz non-dairy topping inside.
- Melt icing 20-30 seconds, stirring frequently in microwave; drizzle 1 tsp over top of each filled croissant.
- Keep refrigerated for service.
Freeze finished eclairs and thaw in refrigerator if desired.See More Recipes