Teriyaki BBQ Tempura Stir-Fry Pork with Vegetables
Tender seasoned tempura pork tossed with “Teriyaki BBQ” (a combination of SBRs Original BBQ Sauce and Teriyaki Wing Sauce) with stir-fried bok choy, mushrooms, pea pods, white onions, red peppers, garlic, and scallions served over a bed of tender rice. For health conscious, on-trend appeal, try serving over a bed of quinoa.
4 fl-oz Sweet Baby Ray’s Original Barbecue Sauce (#77437)
4 fl-oz Sweet Baby Ray’s Teriyaki Sauce (#10856)
12oz Diced Pork Tenderloin or Pork Butt
¼ tsp Granulated garlic
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Oil
2 ea Diced Baby Bok Choy
¼ c Quartered Mushrooms
1 c Pea Pods
¼ c Large Diced White Onion
½ c Medium Diced Red Bell Pepper
½ c Large Diced Green Onion
2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- Using a medium mixing bowl, mix the pork with the granulated garlic, salt and black pepper – let stand for 1-2 hours, overnight if possible.
- Mix the Sweet Baby Ray’s Original BBQ and Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet Teriyaki Sauce and reserve.
- When needed, prepare the tempura batter as directed and tempura fry the pork.
- While the pork is frying, heat a medium sized wok or large sauté pan over high heat.
- To the pan, add the baby bok Choy, mushrooms, pea pods and white onions and stir-fry the vegetables for 1 minute.
- To finish the vegetables add the chopped garlic, red bell peppers and scallions and mix well.
- Add the Teriyaki Sauce and remove from the heat.
- Toss in the tempura pork and serve four portions over white or brown rice in a decorative bowl.