Puff Fruit Danish
Flaky puff pastry dough squares transform easily into breakfast Danish when topped with a fruit filling and creamy icing.
Servings: 24 servings (1 serving = 1 pastry)
- 24 Pennant Puff Pastry Squares (Item #1694)
- 2 Cups Cherry Pie Filling
- 1/2 Cup Course Sugar
- 1 Cup Vanilla Icing
- Thaw puff pastry squares, covered with parchment paper, at room temperature for 15-30 minutes.
- Brush corners with water and fold to center; press to seal creating light indentations.
- Cover and place on parchment lined sheet pans; and brush tops with water.
- Sprinkle each with approx. 1 tsp course sugar; place approx. 3/4 oz (#40 scoop) pie filling in center of each.
Convection Oven* 350°F 18-23 minutes
Standard Oven 400°F 28-33 minutes
*Rotate pans baked in convection oven one-half turn (180°) after 9 minutes of baking.
- Heat icing in microwave safe bowl for 10 second increments.
- Stir until smooth and drizzle tops with icing.