Baxter Road Chicken
Baxter Road BBQ Chicken & Quinoa
Marinated chicken grilled over open flames and basted with a spicy sauce of garlic, shallots, bell peppers and celery. Finished with Citrus Chipotle BBQ sauce and served with quinoa, black beans and a spinach apple salad.
- 1 ea chicken (3-4lbs) spatchcocked
- 4 ea peeled, garlic cloves
- 3 ea peeled, shallots
- 1 ea chopped, seeded green bell pepper
- 1 ea chopped celery rib
- 1 ea chopped, seeded habanero chili
- 3 tbsp flat leaf, Italian parsley
- 2 tsp stemmed, fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fl-oz Sweet Baby Ray’s Citrus Chipotle Sauce item #17054
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry chicken.
- Place breast side down on cutting board; start at thigh end and cut alongside of backbone with kitchen shears. Turn around; cut along other side to remove backbone, discard.
- Flip chicken over, spreading apart and pressing firmly on breastbone to flatten chicken.
- Place in large nonreactive bowl and set aside.
- Combine marinade ingredients in food processor on high until blended into a smooth paste.
- Pour mixture over chicken in bowl and marinate 6 to 12 hours in refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from marinade; arrange skin side down on hot grill. Cook, brushing with reserve marinade, turning every 5 minutes, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from grill to small sheet pan; brush with barbecue sauce and place in preheated 400F degree oven for 5 minutes. Check for 165F internal temperature in thickest part for 15 seconds.
- Brush with barbecue sauce, return to oven for additional 5 minutes if needed.
- When chicken is finished cooking, remove to serving platter and serve with quinoa, black beans and spinach apple salad.